Friday, February 13, 2009

Cafe Rio and Homemade Toys

So I made Cafe Rio-esque supper tonight. It was darn good. Keeping the recipe handy, thanks Melese :) I thought I'd take a picture because it just looked so good. Lyla has a million toys, but for some reason, always enjoys mum's "toys" more. Whatever makes her happy I guess! Cheaper for us in the long run. And, boy does she love her num-nums. We can give them to her when she's whiny, and suddenly, it's like fun time at the Blakeney house.
So I guess that's all that is going on in our neck of the woods. Lyla has had a few more little "episodes" this month, but I just got off the phone with her neurologist, and he says it's still nothing to worry about, and that she will probably grow out of it. He said her development is going excellent, so they have no concerns at all. So, yay.
Tomorrow is V-day. We're not doing anything special, but I just wanted to wish you all a good Love day, and enjoy the people in your life, and let them know you love them. The end.

11 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

well she is pleased with your decision on the food for sure!

JO said...

For some reason I thought they were too young for mum mums but it looks like we need to give them a whirl! Glad Lyla is doing well. Thanks for the phone call.

Ashley said...

I am glad Lyla is doing well and that the doctors are not worried!
I just love the little purple shirt you have her in!

Happy Love Day!!
Miss you!

mrs. farlanderz said...

cafe rio dinner - oooh that sounds so good.

can't wait till you guys are back in the hood and we can hang.

The Bing's said...

I thought I could see little teeth on one of those pictures, she is just such a cutie pie, I just love her. It's good that she loves spatulas now, maybe she is destined to be an amazing cook!!! You dinner looked delicious... I'm always interested in what people are cooking at home... Hope you have a Great Valentines Day, both brandon and I are working, so we'll celebrate another day!

Anonymous said...

along with everyone else I am glad that Lyla is doing well and that it isn't anything to worry about. Hope you enjoy your V-Day!

Beckey said...

Gotta love the cafe rio! Lyla looks cute as ever in those pics...hope you have a great valentines too!

Channynba said...

I think you should post that recipe!! What do you say?

Sharee said...

How cute is she?? BRady LOVES kitchen toys too! They willbe perfect together! They will be able to play with the mixing spoons and everything all together. :)

Anyway, ya we adopted 5 kids, haha! not. I am so glad that we only have one! We are babysitting for some family friends. and they better pay us well since it's v-day... just kidding. it's not a hard job. I oretty much just cook for them and play with them. It's fun. Anyway, hope you had a fun valentines day. Maybe Court and I will get up there this or next summer.

The Super Seven said...

I'm going to have to come visit for some of that yummy looking food.....just looking at the picture makes my mouth water. I would love to try the recipe:) Glad to hear that things are good with Lyla, nothing worse then worrying about your kids....and it only gets worse the more you have, whether they are healthy or sick!! Hope that things only continue to improve for her. Hard to believe how grown up she is looking, you'll have to come visit us when we have the new baby!!! Would love to see you:)

Beckey said...

You made me hungry the other day so last night I bought all the stuff to make cafe rio! Yum, can't wait!