Wednesday, April 25, 2007

BL-BL-BLOGGER for life.

I don’t know what’s with my title, but I just felt like a rap star and it was cool. Or maybe I am just in a really good mood. Funny, I woke up this morning and I didn’t feel the good mood coming on, but here it is. I suppose it might have to do with this little display of flowers that showed up for me this morning! How pretty eh? And you must be wondering why I deserve such a nice boquet (not that you should be wondering, cause seriously, does a girl need a reason to get flowers?). Alas, there is a reason: it’s Administrative Professionals Day!!! Yay for made-up holidays. Along with my flowers, I got a gift card for a night out at the movie with Josh. The office is so thoughtful. It really meant a lot to me. Now, I feel the need to explain this holiday, and encourage all people who have a receptionist, secretary, para-legal, clerical worker etc. to go out and tell them how much they mean to you. So, I stole this little clip-it from wikipedia.com about this luscious day:
Administrative Professionals Day better known as Secretary's Day is an unofficial secular holiday observed on the third or fourth Wednesday of April to recognize the work of clerical employees. It is celebrated as part of a larger Administrative Professionals Week, which takes place during the last full week of April. National Professional Secretaries Week and National Secretaries' Day was created in 1952 through the work of Harry F. Klemfuss of Young & Rubicam. Klemfuss recognized the importance and value of the position to a company or business. His goal was to encourage more women to become administrative assistants (called secretaries at the time). Using his skill and experience in public relations, Klemfuss promoted the values and importance of the job of administrative assistants. In doing so, he also created the holiday in recognition of the importance of administrative assistants.
I mean, if this guy can create awesome reasons to celebrate less acknowledged positions within a company all the power to him. I love it.
In other news, this past week has been boring. Oh, well I did have a few highlights. It’s now time for the weekly rundown (as much as I can remember):

Wednesday: no clue.
Thursday: I stayed home from work. Besides the fact that the power had gone out at 11:30pm the night before and didn't come back on until 2pm Thursday, I also was having a hard time with my back. I was not a happy camper about that. I spent the day doing anything but sitting (which is when it seems to be the worst).
Friday: Josh and Julia evening with the Pestill’s. We went to a dinner theatre and it was alright. It wasn’t like a professional one. It was one put on by some church. I think it would have been funnier if we had known the actors. Adele and Jess came with us. I was super tired, so after, we just went home.
Saturday: I helped Lisa move her studio back to her apt. She has a lot of paintings. She let me have 2 and now I feel special. She is wicked talented. We also went to the farmer’s market. I bought some maple candies and I love them. I think I’ll have to go back this weekend for more. Saturday afternoon was the Relief Society birthday party and it was super fun. The girls had planned up a nice lesson (thanks Juanita) and a sweet activity that involved giving out new flip-flops (thanks Amber for that!) It finished with a hearty bowl of ice cream sundaes and socializing. I am so grateful to all the ladies who were there. I had so much fun with them. Sunday: Church, nursery was intense…I get a headache just thinking about it. We went to Josh’s parents for supper. Yay for free food and family time. Ness and I watched a movie while josh chatted up with the “big kids”.
Monday: Worked, and came home to Josh making a nice summer supper (homemade french fries and burgers). We spent the evening with neighbours watching Heros.
Tuesday: Um, that was yesterday…oh, I came home to an empty house cause Josh was working. So I pulled on my pj’s and watched a movie.
Today: Thusfar I have received some nice flowers, and Josh is coming to take me to lunch. Well, more like he is bringing me lunch from Wendy’s. I convinced Joyce to get something too so I didn’t feel like a fatso! She’s pregnant, so I basically think she should eat whatever she wants! This evening Josh has to go to Windsor for a church activity, so Ashley and I are going to a movie. I’ll let you know all about it next post. We are going to see “In the land of Women” with Adam Brody and Meg Ryan. Yay, totally girly. Well, I’m all talked out, my back is still bothering me (my massage is booked for Monday so yay for that). I hope everyone is enjoying this stellar sunshine, of which I am a huge fan. Hope to read from your blogs soon. P.S Ya may have noticed that some of the pictures are with the orange paper and some are without. I had recieved them with the paper on, and took it off and then realized that I liked it better with it on!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

I was wondering when I'd see your administrative flowers...I knew that day was coming up! Nice huh? I told you....I don't mess around when it comes to awesome jobs! Good to see a post too...I think I need more of a twice a week update...weekly just isn't cutting it for me! LATA

The Bing's said...

That is so sweet that they gave you flowers...that would have been such a nice surprise and they are such beautiful flowers. I hope that your back gets better today...I'm sure your massage will help on monday...so jealous...I've always wanted to get one!! Let me know how the movie is I think it looks really cute, and I love Seth from the OC!! It was great to see you on Spring Garden this week!!